Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mmm del.icio.us

A del.icio.us account has been on my list of things to do for quite a long time now and finally thanks to L2TD I have finally started something, however lacking in content it may be..check out the excitement at http://delicious.com/MackayLibraries. The product has some nice applications in public libraries that is for sure...for one thing, at our library, we've been strictly limited with the number of pages allowed on our internet site, delicious is a great alternative to pages of website links within the library site itself...delicious will allow us to move this content off-site essentially. Unfortunately, delicious is currently a blocked site for most of us at my workplace, but I think that will change in the near future. I think our customers could really benefit from the delicious service in terms of retaining bookmarks that would otherwise be lost when they log off a public access PC...

No comments:

Post a Comment